Do you believe I am horse crazy, or just crazy?

Saturday, April 9, 2011

9 April 2011: So Anxious It's Insane!

Like clutching the edge of the desk waiting for the bell to ring, it won't make it come any faster, but you still hope...

That is what I feel like right now. I am going crazy to ride, and I almost want to do that as the first act I make as soon as I get home. I'm eager beyond bbelief to get into the saddle and start showing this summer. It will be my first summer of english shows and I hope to do well enough to put some miles under both Forest and I in order to move forward in that area. What will help will be my new truck and trailer. It's almost a good thing that I wrapped my poor little Ranger around a telephone pole because this enables me to get a new vehicle so that I can tow my new 2 horse trailer. Lucky for me again that my wonderful boyfriend was willing to lend me the money to buy my trailer before I left for Afghanistan because it was an absolute steal! All I have to do now is change the registration, along with pay the almost 300$ in taxes I'll owe on it, and get it insured for the year. Also actually procuring my truck once the old one is officially paid off will be good too.

But otherwise I am jumping in my skin to start practicing for shows, take some much needed lessons to prep, and enjoy the show season. I'm very lucky that my boyfriend is not incompetant, one of my friends, Leslie, is totally stoked to be my groom and help me through the show season by giving me tips from her days of eventing on the east coast, and to be independant when I do go and start these new classes. Gaming last year was a lot of fun, but with how much stress it put on my gelding's back and how little room for improvement I had without buying another horse as Forest was the biggest animal competing, I figure I'll use his stature and his confidence over the jumps to good use. Plus he is such a handsome boy with his mane all braided and his coat shiny. Hopefully he'll be calmer than he was the first show I did in english with him, but honestly I wasn't as ready for that as I could have been, and he didn't have enough experience to be ready either. But I have a different angle this year and a great support group. Sterling will be there to film my rounds so I can learn from them and take some awesome pics, though I doubt they'll turn out as well as Curtis' photos, which I will probably still buy a few for my family. But also I plan to take Forest everywhere..... all the time. He'll get so used to seeing new scenery that it will be nothing new for him to show up somewhere and just go like he's at home, because he is wonderful and fluid and a beautiful mover at home, but one ounce of stress and he tightens up and freaks out on me. I just need to keep him at a good pace and get him to not be lazy so he doesn't drop down to a trot in the middle of a round, because god knows he does it at home! I'm still super excited though. I have a new saddle, new trailer, I'll have a new truck, my own groom, new support system, and a new attitude. I can do this, and I will blow people out of the water this year!

Here I come HCRC, Windfield Meadows, and Quinte Cup! Laugh if you may, but I will make the attempt!

Here goes,
Lady S.

No comments:

Post a Comment