Do you believe I am horse crazy, or just crazy?

Sunday, January 16, 2011

16 JAN 11: Kindred Spirits Surface Everywhere

When you think you know those around you, people pop out of the closet to surprise you.

Horse people are apparently more common in the military than I thought. Leslie is a girl from my sister crew that, just like I was before I got Sadie, was desperately missing any kind of contact with horses. So having striked up a conversation at work about horses, of course, and she is happily willing to come to the stable and put the miles on Sadie that she is sorely lacking due to the attention I need to pay to Forest to prepare him for competing this summer. I'm trying to sell Sadie still, and hopefully to the right person, but that's kind of hard when she's so forward that it becomes a challenge to ride her everytime she's tacked up. So now, Leslie has a free horse to ride, Sadie is getting the attention she needs until she's sold, and all of this will make it easier to sell her, aside from the fact that I love her and it will be extremely hard to part with my first horse. But if I want to work towards going to Trillium and to take Forest to levels that most Appys wouldn't achieve due to their breed, then I have to devote my attention to him and let go of that emotional part of the whole thing. If I were lucky I'd be able to find her later down the road and give her a home with me to retire and live the last days of her life in peace, I would. But I can't afford it right now. So I'll be keeping my eyes open for my beautiful mare down the road when I can bring her home again.

But in the grand scheme of things, I now have someone to ride with and talk to about horses at work, which is just incredibly awesome! Leslie used to event, and since I'm doing hunter it's not much different, I'm just not into the dressage portion of it. So we'll have plenty in common when we do ride, and I hope that if she buys a horse this spring then whatever she gets will hopefully be at around Forest's level and we can compete together, or push each other to move ahead. Either way it'll be cool to have someone to hang with. Especially since she lives in the same town I do and we can go to the stable together. I'm such a loser to be so happy to have a horsey buddy that's at around the same level as I am but I'm so excited I just don't care. And I can't wait to introduce her to all the horse stuff in the area, especially the different competitions and possibilities close by.

Yay!!! Horse-everything! Whoop whoop!

Hooray,
Lady S.

No comments:

Post a Comment