Do you believe I am horse crazy, or just crazy?

Thursday, January 20, 2011

20 JAN 11: A Step Back

Well I was telling a good friend that I used to write when I was in high school and I figured that I'd prove how "terrible" I was... you be the judge!

Summer sun brings summer rain
In a circle smooth as water
Rises high with the heat of day
And falls into passionate romance
But on white sand firm
With salt of the water
And miles of beach to walk
I take each step with a knowing stare
As I drift into the tide
My legs will tire, my feet will sore
My mind wander with the grace of the wind
But the sun will not set
And the sand will not end
And my mind cease to imagine
The possibilities my dreams hold
For a bright and happy future
I'll travel the world in the blink of an eye
On a carpet of my own creation
Pulled by the colours of places abroad
And the faces I've yet to see
With every step and every turn
My direction takes me someplace else,
So long as my feet will move
My heart beats forever on
The love it glows in and the warmth it feeds
Keeps my soul alive
But the feelings I keep
Down in me deep
Will be my end in the shadows before dawn
The shadows I'm held in now
And forever, should I hold feelings out
But the sand's still there
And the tide will come in
With the rise of another sun
And the beach would come to an end
But my sunset won't fall
And my beach will not end
And vision falls off the cliff of eternity.

(27 AUG 04)

Enjoy!
Lady S.

No comments:

Post a Comment