Do you believe I am horse crazy, or just crazy?

Friday, December 3, 2010

03 DEC 10: Yet another assignment!

Finally another assignment done, concluding the end of another semester for atleast one of my courses.

Being in the military offers me many advantages, one specifically being able to complete an extended education. I, being the genius that I am (no mensa for you!) decided that I would take on getting myself a degree in order to facilitate my grand plan to steal myself a pilot's lisence from our fabulous military! Of course I have decided on my major already, unlike some poeple who decline to figure out what the hell they want until their second year in. In my case I have chosen a degree in psychology with a minor in philosophy. As of right now I have completed one semester, which only includes two courses per semester, and am carrying on into two courses that continue over the course of two semesters. So I just completed my philosophy assignment, which is the third assignment that completes the first of two semesters in which I will take Intro to Phil. And I must say... OMG! I think my brain is about to explode! Of course this assignment was completely based upon the theory of knowledge, meaning that at each and every turn you are continually questioning whether what you know of your life is truly what you know or whether anything even exists! It's not a concept I personally am incapable of understanding, but this subject matter was almost as bad as the previous subject which was based upon the world's various arguments for the existence of God. I personally am what could be considered a pantheist, which is a person who believes in the existence of various gods and goddesses that have touch in the world still. But I digress, what I am saying is that I might seriously be reconsidering my ridiculous minor! Oh lord, yes. Though I do love philosophy and the endless possiblilites it does provide for explaining the existence of everything and hypothesizing your own life. So now that I have completed this third assignment I am not required to hand over another one until the beginning of February in the next year. Thank the gods (lol). But I do have yet to complete my final exam for Intro to Psych, on Dec. 10, but that won't be so bad because it is less of a perceived viewpoint and more based on memorization and understanding of basic concepts. For those of you thinking about going into psychology, realize now that you will be required to have an understanding of the brain and how it processes and the various senses our bodies are capable of and how it sends the sensory information to our brains to be perceived. There's a lot of science in psychology, and not quite as many crazy people. And I was truly looking forward to the crazy people. It is my forte.

So with all this ridiculous education going in the background, this takes me away from my loveable animals, which is truly unfortunate as my poor little mare, being the idiot that she is, was limping all last week. It truly was sad to see, but I call her an idiot because she literally did it to herself. After however many months of behaving herself on cross ties, she randomly decided to pull herself off of them, breaking the halter, which is honestly the fifth one she has broken since I have owned her, and slide backwards, and I guess in that process she smashed her ankle on her other front foot and began to limp severely. I happy atleast that it has been cold outside, which kept the swelling down, but this means that she has had two weeks off to do nothing, and i am hoping that her little episode is embedded in her head and that she will discontinue her selfdistructive path and simply behave the way I know she can, because honestly she is generally well behaved. She just has an attention span problem. Which, I guess, is part of the reason I love her so much. Of course, I cannot complain about my gelding at this point. He has been behaving himself so well that all I can say is now that I have him completely paid off, he is worth every penny I have spent on him up until this point.

I must say though there is onne thing I am super happy about lately. Trevor, a friend of mine from high school, and I have come back into contact and it's pretty cool. We parted ways at the end of HS on not so friendly terms, and I don't think I was too disappointed at the time. But now that I have moved on in my life and gone on to do things that I am proud of and start a career away from my home town and the life I once had, I can better appreciate the type of relationship he and I once had. He is a quite intelligent person, with a whit and charm that would appeal to many a swooning girl. Thank god I can no longer be considered a girl. But seriously, we had had many insanely diverse conversations and had connected on so many strangely angled plateaus that it always made for interesting direction. And he's willing to hop on my horses. So I can't complain. That's pretty awesome. I must say I am truly excited for him to visit and hang out for atleast a little while because it should make for an interesting reunion. And I will admit to a little bit of pridefulness where I would like to show off a smidge. Just sayin...

And if I'm lucky my xmas tree will stay standing no matter how high up my CowBelle attempts to climb it in order to eat the ornaments. *sigh*

Cheers,
Lady S.

No comments:

Post a Comment